On Tuesday, Sanjay Dutt had announced that he was taking a ‘short break’ from work for ‘some medical treatment’. On Saturday, he was facing some shortness of breath. Sanjay Dutt was admitted to Lilavati hospital.
The oxygen level of Sanjay Dutt was fluctuating between 90-92% when he was admitted. He was immediately tested for Covid-19 through a rapid antigen kit. But as per the sources, the test result didn’t show any presence of the pathogen of the virus. Later, it was reported that he has developed fluid in his chest.
While taking treatment, his diagnosis revealed that he was suffering from stage four lung cancer. “When he was taken to the hospital, he was low on oxygen saturation. But when his Covid-19 report came negative, he runs cancer analysis and it came positive,” said a source from the hospital.
Everything you want to know about Lung cancer
What is lung cancer?
When cells in the body grow abnormally, then it may cause cancer. When these cells start to grow in the lungs , it called Lung Cancer. Lung cancer begins in the lungs and may spread to lymph nodes or other organs in the body, such as the brain. Cancer from other organs also may spread to the lungs.
People who smoke have the greatest risk of lung cancer. Cigarette smoking is linked to about 80% to 90% of lung cancer deaths. Inhalation of silica particles promotes the development of pulmonary fibrosis that over prolonged periods increases the risk of lung cancer.
What are the symptoms of lung cancer?
Symptoms of lung cancer may varie from person to person. Here are some symptoms of lung cancer:
- Consistent cough for 2 or 3 weeks
- Ongoing chest infections
- Blood comes while coughing
- an ache or pain when breathing or coughing
- loss of appetite or unexplained weight loss
- lack of energy
- Shortness of breath
What is stage 3 lung cancer?
When lung cancer reaches stage 3, it has spread from the lungs to other nearby tissue or distant lymph nodes. This means that cancer is spread in lymph nodes with the tumor.
Treatment for lung cancer
Depending upon how cancer is spread the lung cancer treated in several ways.
- Surgery: An operation where doctors cut out cancer tissue.
- Chemotherapy: Using special medicines to shrink or kill cancer. The drugs can be pills you take or medicines given in your veins, or sometimes both.
- Radiation therapy: Using high-energy rays (similar to X-rays) to kill cancer.
- Targeted therapy: Using drugs to block the growth and spread of cancer cells. The drugs can be pills you take or medicines given in your veins.